Deciding the content for this Fall’s session of the CALL Digital Photography interest group has involved a challenge to ensure we provide new material for past participants, while at the same time meeting the needs of new members.
During the last few courses, we practiced specific aspects of photography such as: depth of field, action, macro, portrait and product photography — all under different lighting conditions. Last year, we held two special sessions on Christmas photography.
We also spent time discussing manual camera controls, in-camera composition, and how to use software programs to dramatically enhance your photographs. This session, we will do so again for the benefit of our beginners.
At the same time, we want to give the more-experienced members a challenge. One idea is for the more advanced members to challenge everyone in our group with specific assignments that could be completed in the two-week period between meetings. The results could then be reviewed in the next meeting. Our “boomerartist” website is an excellent platform for the exchange of ideas and images between meetings.
Jim and I would appreciate your input, so please consider what you would like to do during the Fall session before next Tuesday’s meeting. We’ll record your preferences in order to establish a format for the following sessions.
CALL’s Digital Photography group is about having fun capturing images that interest you and discussing and comparing them with others.
- Welcome – Jim and Henri introduce themselves and give a quick overview of how our group operates.
- Member introductions and a short description of area of photography interest.
- Q & A for new members –
- Do you have any expectations, and what would you like to get out of these sessions
- How well do you know your camera – are you familiar with Manual controls.
- Have you used Photo Editing software, if so what brand name
- What type of photography if any are you interested in
- Henri to provide a description of our website and its importance with respect to submitting images and interacting with other CALL DP members.
- Short website demonstration of how to operate the menus and how to upload images.
- A sample review of submitted images from the Photo Challenge.
- Henri to provide an overview of typical 2nd hour activities and the props we use
- Jim to discuss basic camera controls and the importance of having the appropriate pages of the manual ready to refer to.
- Introduction to in camera composition.
- Walk along Crescent Road weather permitting.
I hope you enjoyed this session’s walk about, and I am looking forward to see your images. If you are not comfortable resizing your images to 800 pixels wide send them to Henri via email. The CALL group email I just sent out has my email address and links to this web page.